Tuesday, September 11, 2012

White Whole Wheat Blueberry Muffins

I recently had to purchase some textbooks for my oldest daughter. My son was watching and asked how it worked. I told him I paid the bill online. He said, "What?" So, I repeated that I paid the bill online. He looked at me and said, "They mysteriously take your money?" It really feels like it. My daughter will be happy when all of her textbooks arrive.
Well, I have started making muffins again for breakfast before school. My daughter's favorite muffin is blueberries if you couldn't tell. I have made To die for blueberry muffins. I have made Baking Illustrated's Blueberry Muffins just to name a few. Sometimes the muffins are very good the first day and not so much the second. When I saw Our Favorite Blueberry Muffin on the King Arthur website, well I had to try them. I will say these muffins are good. They taste just as good the next day which is the goal of making the muffins besides making my youngest daughter happy. I can say they are my youngest daughter's favorite.
White Whole Wheat Blueberry Muffins
6 Tbsp butter
1 cup sugar
2 large eggs
2 cups white whole wheat flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup milk
2 tsp vanilla extract
2 cups blueberries, fresh
1 Tbsp sugar for the topping

Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
  2. Line a muffin tin with cupcake liners.
  3. In a large bowl, cream the butter and 1 cup sugar until light and fluffy.
  4. Add the eggs, one at a time. Beat well after each egg.
  5. In another bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt.
  6. Add the flour mixture to the creamed butter and beat well.
  7. Stir in the milk and vanilla extract. Mix only until smooth.
  8. Fold in the berries. 
  9. Fill the muffin cups 3/4 to almost full.
  10. Sprinkle the top of the batter with sugar.
  11. Bake the muffins for 25 to 30 minutes, until light golden brown.
  12. Place the muffin tin on a wire rack to cool for 10 minutes.
  13. Remove the muffins and allow to completely cool on the wire rack.
Yields 12 muffins. Recipe adapted from King Arthur website
One year ago, I posted....Ultimate Streusel Cake.
Did you already know...
-It is estimated about twenty million students are attending American colleges and universities this fall. 
-57% of the students are women.
-In the last year, the average student spent over $600 on course materials.

No comments:

Post a Comment