Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Blueberry Muffins

Since I have been making everything with blueberries this week, my youngest daughter begged for blueberry muffins. She loves them! She really loves them. I don't think you realize how much she loves them. My youngest daughter asks me to bake one thing and it is always blueberry muffins. When my husband gets his coffee at a coffee chain, she wants a blueberry muffin.
 I made this recipe and my daughter ate four of them in one day. I know I posted a blueberry muffin recipe last year which was very good but not four in a day good. I have bookmarked this recipe awhile ago and I'm glad I finally made it. If you have blueberries on hand, this is the recipe to make. These muffins taste just as good the next day. I can't tell you if they taste good the following day since we didn't have any left.
Baking Illustrated's Blueberry Muffin
2 cups all purpose flour
1 Tbsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 egg
1 cup sugar
4 Tbsp unsalted butter, melted and cooled slightly
1 1/4 cups sour cream
1 1/4 cups fresh wild blueberries

Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
  2. Line a cupcake tin with the muffin liners and set aside.
  3. In a medium bowl, whisk the flour, baking powder, and salt until combined.
  4. In another medium bowl, whisk the egg until well combined about 20 seconds.
  5. To the egg, add the sugar and whisk vigorously for about 30 seconds. 
  6. Add half of the slightly cooled melted butter to the egg mixture and whisk to combine. 
  7. Add the remaining butter to the egg mixture and whisk to combine.
  8. Add the sour cream to the egg mixture and whisk just to combine.
  9. To the flour mixture, add the blueberries and gently toss to coat the berries.
  10. Fold the egg mixture to the flour mixture until the batter comes together for about 30 seconds. There may be some spots of flour remaining but it is fine and the batter should be very thick. Do not overmix.
  11. Divide the batter evenly in the lined cupcake tin. 
  12. Bake the muffins for 15 minutes and then rotate the pan from front to back.
  13. Cook the muffins for another 10 to 15 minutes and the muffins are light golden brown. The muffins are done when checked with a toothpick and the toothpick comes out clean.
  14. Remover the muffins from the oven and allow to cool on a wire rack for at least 5 minutes.
Recipe adapted from Brown Eyed Baker.
Did you already know...
-In 1948, Bill Rosenberg opened a doughnut restaurant named Open Kettle.
-Two years later, the restaurant was renamed Dunkin Donuts.
-In 1978, Dunkin Donuts added muffins to their menu.
(It wouldn't have taken my daughter 30 years to add muffins to the menu.)

No comments:

Post a Comment