Monday, August 31, 2015

Jordan's Blueberry Muffins

School is back in session! The kids were as excited as expected to head back to school. For the first day of school, I decided to back some muffins. The last couple of years I have made scones for their first day of school so it was a nice change. When asked, my daughter requested blueberry muffins. I recently saw this recipe so I figured I would try them. For the number of blueberry muffins I have made, I think it is apparent my daughter loves blueberry muffins. My children told me how much they liked these muffins. I thought I've made better ones in the past. Also, I have never tried the Jordan muffins before so I cannot tell you if they taste like the original ones. This is a quick and easy recipe to try.
Famous Department Store Blueberry Muffins
1/2 cup unsalted butter
1 1/2 cup sugar
2 large eggs
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla
2 cups all purpose flour
1/2 cup milk
2 cup Maine blueberry 
1/4 cup fine sugar, for topping

Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
  2. Line a muffin tin with cupcake liners. Set aside.
  3. In a large bowl, cream the butter and sugar until fluffy.
  4. Add the eggs one at a time. Scrap the sides when necessary.
  5. Add the baking powder, salt, and vanilla. Combine until incorporated.
  6. Add a little flour and then a little of the milk. Beat until just incorporated. 
  7. Mash 1/2 cup of the blueberries. Gently fold in the blueberries and the mashed blueberries.
  8. Scoop 1/4 cup of the batter into the prepared muffin tin. 
  9. Sprinkle a little of the fine sugar on top of the batter. 
  10. Bake the muffins for 30 minutes or until the muffins are light golden brown. A toothpick inserted in the middle should come out clean.
  11. Allow the muffins to cool slightly and then transfer to a wire rack to cool. 
Recipe adapted from King Arthur Flour.

One year ago...................................I made Blackberry Scones.
Two years ago.................................I made Green Beans with saute onions.
Three years ago...............................I made Berry Oatmeal Cheesecake Muffins.
Did you already know........................
-In 1851, Eben Jordan formed a partnership with Benjamin Marsh.
-The Jordan Marsh department stores began in the Boston area.
-The Jordan Marsh stores have been closed and became Macy stores.

No comments:

Post a Comment