Monday, July 13, 2015

Breadsticks

I'm sorry I've been gone. I headed to Mississippi and back. It was very nice to see my family. I have been spoiled by my Aunt E did the cooking. Boy, she can cook. After a trip, the last thing I want to do is eat out. So when we arrive home, I asked the family what I should make. My family elected pasta. So, what goes better with pasta? Breadsticks! Yum! These breadsticks are so good.
Breadsticks
1 1/2 cups water (110 degrees)
1 packet (1/4 oz.) active dry yeast
1 Tbsp sugar
3 1/2 cups all purpose flour
2 Tbsp salted butter, melted and cooled slightly

Butter topping:
1/2 cups unsalted butter
2 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp salt

Directions:
  1. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. 
  2. In a large bowl, combine the water with the yeast and sugar. Allow to proof for 10 minutes.
  3. Add the flour and butter to the yeast mixture. Mix until incorporated.
  4. Knead the dough until the dough is smooth.
  5. Divide the evenly and roll the dough into long strips. 
  6. Cover the dough and allow to rise for 45 minutes.
  7. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
  8. Bake the breadsticks for 6 minutes.
  9. While the breadsticks are cooking, combine the butter,  garlic powder, and salt.
  10. Remove the breadsticks from the oven and brush with the butter topping.
  11. Return the breadsticks to the oven and allow to bake for another 5 minutes or until the breadsticks are throughly cooked.
  12. Remove from the oven and brush with the butter topping again.
Recipe adapted from Chef in Training.

One year ago..................................I made Summer Minestrone.
Two years ago.................................I made Kohlrobi Spring Rolls.
Three years ago...............................I made Blueberry Coffee Cake.
Did you already know..........................
-The Indian word Mississippi means great river in Ojibwa. 
-In 1817, Mississippi became the 20th state of the United States of America.
-In 1954, Oprah Winfrey was born in Mississippi.

No comments:

Post a Comment