Monday, June 22, 2015

PB Pancakes

Yes, I made pancakes again. I made these pancakes with my husband specifically in mind. They are peanut butter pancakes. I had found some peanut powder at the store which I thought would add a nice flavor to the pancakes. Also, some of them had peanut butter chips but the chips tended to make the pan really messy. So, I had to whip it down after each batch. I really thought the kids would be excited about these pancakes but they were hesitant about trying them. Once they tried them, they loved them. To top them, I even microwaved some peanut butter which my husband mixed with maple syrup. He loved them. The kids loved them. These pancakes are definitely for a peanut butter lover.
Peanut Butter Pancakes
2 eggs
3 1/2 cups buttermilk
1 tsp baking soda
3 1/4 cups all purpose flour
1/4 cup peanut powder
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
2 tsp sugar
1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
1 cup peanut butter chips

Directions:
  1. Whisk together the eggs and buttermilk in a large bowl. 
  2. Whisk in the baking soda until combined.
  3. Add the flour, peanut powder, baking powder, salt, and sugar. Whisk until incorporated.
  4. Stir in the melted butter and mix well.
  5. Heat a frying pan over medium heat.
  6. Add a little oil to the pan and wait about 30 seconds.
  7. Pour 1/2 cup of the batter into the frying pan. 
  8. Top the pancakes in the pan with some of each peanut butter chips if desired. 
  9. When bubbles form on top of the pancake, flip the pancake over.
  10. Cook the pancake until the bottom is golden brown.
Recipe adapted from The Pastry Queen cookbook. 

One year ago.........................................I made Paint Splatter Cupcakes.
Two years ago.......................................I made Flag Cookies.
Three years ago.....................................I made Broccoli and Cheese Chicken Bake.
Did you already know..........................
-Peanut powder is just roasted peanuts.
-Peanut powder has 85% less fat than the commercial peanut butter.
-Peanut powder can be added to smoothies and baking ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment