Friday, April 3, 2015

Easter Cake

One of the first cakes I remember making in Home Economics is this cute bunny cake. I decided it would be easier to show the kids how to make small ones. By making small cakes, the kids can decorate their own anyway they want. Since I love coconut chips, I elected to forgo the sweetened coconut. Next time, I will crush the coconut chips a little finer. My bunny looks like he has a thick winter coat. I decided to make the cake from banana bread. I cooked the bread in the miniature cake pans. Then I cut them. For the diagram, click here. After cutting, I placed the banana bread into the freezer for a couple of days since I didn't have time to decorate them at the time. I think the bread being firm worked out pretty good.
Bunny Cake
2 small circle banana bread/cakes (4.5 width cakes)
1 cup white frosting
1 cup coconut chips, crushed
assortment of candies for the decorations

Directions:
  1. Set one cake onto a wire cooking rack over a plate. (Easier clean up.)
  2. The second cake cut two half circles leaving a center bow tie. 
  3. Place the two ears and bow ties onto the wire rack.
  4. Heat the white frosting in the microwave for about 30 seconds. 
  5. Stir the frosting and pour the frosting over the cake. 
  6. Sprinkle the crushed coconut chips over the frosting.
  7. Using a little of the frosting, decorate the bunny with the candies.
Recipe adapted from Kraft foods. 

One year ago...............................I made  Egg Cupcakes.
Two years ago.............................I made Pound Cake.
Three years ago...........................I made Chocolate & PB Ribbon Dessert.

Did you already know.................
-Female rabbits are called a doe and male rabbits are bucks.
-A wild female rabbit can have up to eight litters of babies a year.
-Rabbit's teeth never stop growing.

He had a haircut later in the day!

Happy Easter!

No comments:

Post a Comment