Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Irish Breakfast

Have you ever been to Ireland? Someday I'll visit but not today. Instead, I figured I would try making a breakfast like one in Ireland. I will admit I didn't look hard for black pudding (blood sausage) or white pudding (sausage with oatmeal). My son selected apple chicken sausage. Yes, we know this isn't an authentic Irish meal just similar. The kids thought this was pretty cool. My husband thought it was good. I can see the similarity between the Irish breakfast and the American breakfast.
 Irish Breakfast
1 tsp vegetable oil
1 package of bacon
1 package of sausage
1 package of black pudding and white pudding
1 can of beans
4 tomatoes
4 boiled potatoes
4 eggs

Directions:
  1. Heat the oil in the skillet over medium heat.
  2. Cook the bacon until done but not crisp.
  3. Remove the bacon and place onto a plate lined with paper towels.
  4. Place the bacon in the oven in the warming section to keep warm.
  5. Cook the sausage until golden brown. Add the sausage to the bacon.
  6. In a saucepan, heat the beans on low heat.
  7. Add the tomatoes to the pan and brown until golden. Place with the bacon.
  8. Slice the potatoes into the pan and brown until golden.
  9. Remove the potatoes and place on the plate to serve.
  10. Fry the egg and cook to desired doneness.
  11. Serve immediately.
Recipe adapted from Food Ireland.

One year ago.......................I made Creamed Spinach Soup.
Two years ago.....................I made Lasagna French Bread Pizza.
Three years ago...................I made White on White Buttermilk Cupcakes.
Did you already know.....................
-Natural redheads make up 9% of the Irish population.
-In Ireland, the longest river is Shannon.
-In Gaelic, surnames with Mac or O' mean the son or grandson of.

No comments:

Post a Comment