Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Queso Blanco Cheese Dip

Here is the serious question: are you allowed to cheer for a different team then your favorite team? I'm just asking. Now, I always cheer for the Denver Broncos but they will not be heading to the Superbowl. Then I cheer for my husband's favorite team which is the Dallas Cowboys. Well, my husband's friends tell me I can't cheer for his team since they aren't my favorite. Then I made the mistake of posting Go Patriots! They told me I can't cheer for the Patriots either. Well, I disagree with their logic. Since we have four children, then I would only be allowed to cheer for one child. Right? Well, I will cheer for the team I want to take home that Superbowl ring this weekend even if it isn't my beloved Broncos. If you are heading to a Superbowl party, you really should make this dip. It is cheesy and easy. My kids couldn't get enough of this recipe.
Queso Blanco Dip
1 Tbsp vegetable oil
1/4 cup white onion, diced
4 Roma tomatoes, seeded and diced
12 oz. white American cheese, shredded
6 oz. Pepper jack cheese, shredded
1/4 to 2/3 cup half and half

Directions:
  1. In a medium saucepan, heat the oil over medium low heat.
  2. Add the onion and tomatoes. Cook for a few minutes.
  3. Add the American cheese, Pepper jack Cheese, and the 1/4 cup half and half. Stir until mostly melted.
  4. Add additional milk until the desired consistency.
Recipe adapted from Confections of a Foodie Bride

One year ago..................................I made Baked Sweet and Sour Chicken.
Two years ago................................I made Hash Brown Potatoes.
Three years ago...............................I made Mushroom Burgers.
Did you already know..................
-The NFL team with the most revenue is the Dallas Cowboys.
 -In 1989, Jerry Jones purchased the Dallas Cowboys franchise for $150 million.
-In 2014, the average NFL team is worth over $1.4 billion.

No comments:

Post a Comment