Friday, November 21, 2014

Pumpkin Cake

Alright, I am not a big pumpkin pie fan. I do love other pumpkin baked goods like pumpkin cheesecake, pumpkin muffins, pumpkin donuts, etc. I gave my sister and husband some suggestions. This dessert was the winner. I served the frosting on the side for guest to decide if they want a lot, a little, more, or no frosting at all. This cake was soft and crumbly. It had a nice spice flavor which wasn't overbearing. My family told me they thought the dessert was great.
Pumpkin Cake
2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1 Tbsp cinnamon
1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
 1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/8 tsp allspice
1/8 tsp ground cloves
1 stick unsalted butter, melted. 
2 eggs
1  1/2 cups sugar
1 can (15 oz.) pumpkin puree

Directions:
  1. With nonstick baking spray, spray a round cake pan. Lightly dust with flour. 
  2. In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, nutmeg, allspice, ground cloves. 
  3. Add the butter and mix until smooth. 
  4. Add the eggs, sugar, and pumpkin. Stir until smooth. 
  5. Evenly pour the batter into the prepared cake pan. 
  6. Bake for 45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
  7. Allow the cake to cool for 10 minutes. 
Maple Frosting
1 stick butter, softened
6 oz. cream cheese, softened
1 cup powdered sugar
1/4 cup maple syrup

Directions:
  1. In a large bowl, combine the butter, cream cheese, powdered sugar, and maple syrup. 
  2. Blend until smooth.
Recipe adapted from Martha Stewart.



One year ago.............................I made PB Toffee Cake.
Two years ago...........................I made Pumpkin Scones.
Three years ago.........................I made Pancakes.
Did you already know...........
-Pumpkins can be orange, white, red, green, and yellow.
-Average pumpkins weigh around 13 lbs.
-According to the Guinness World Records, the largest pumpkin weighed 2,323.70 lbs.

No comments:

Post a Comment