Monday, September 1, 2014

Travel: Portland Art Museum

We thought our kids need a little culture. We thought our kids were mature enough for art with nudity. We learned a little lesson as parents. Don't bring a group of hungry kids to the art museum.
We even tried to play games like life imitating art. It worked for a short time. We tried asking what they liked about the piece of art. Sometimes they answered and other times they moved onto the next piece of art. The kids weren't impressed by any famous artist. Where were the art pieces of animals?
The museum has several floors. There are many oil on canvas pieces of art. The museum has pieces of art ranging from Picasso to Monet to Homer to Renoir and many others. I wish I had even an ounce of talent I saw at the museum.
When we were there, the museum had a Richard Estes exhibit on display. His painting looked just like photographs. I felt like I visited New York City, Maine, Italy, Paris, and England within minutes through his art. No photographs are allowed in the exhibit area. Some areas of the museum does allow cameras but no flash.
There were many different marble pieces and sculptures.
Yes, I may have been in the military but it is clear my kids haven't been. My nieces was the only one to salute President Grant with the correct hand. I think our President would have kicked my kids out of the military especially my son. Do you see his tongue?
Did you already know.....................
-In 1911, the Portland Museum of Art opened in the McLellan Mansion.
-The museum has since expanded and now McLellan Mansion is located at the back of the museum.
-The museum has many significant art pieces of Winslow Homer.

No comments:

Post a Comment