Friday, August 15, 2014

Tarragon Chicken

I am always trying new chicken recipes. My husband likes chicken a lot plus it is normally an easy meal to make. Now, I do not cook with tarragon a lot but I figured I would try this recipe. I think its funny that I do not like licorice but I like tarragon. This chicken was so good. My husband loved it. I mean loved it. Sometimes it seems hard to impress my husband with my cooking but this meal did it. Of course, he didn't eat any of the green beans I served with the meal but he ate everything else. This recipe really is a keeper.
Tarragon Chicken
4 chicken breast
1/4 cup lemon juice
2 cloves of garlic
2 tsp tarragon
1 Tbsp vegetable oil
1 Tbsp butter
8 oz. mushrooms, sliced
3/4 cup heavy cream
salt and pepper to taste

Directions:
In a storage bag, combine the chicken breast, lemon juice, garlic, and tarragon.
Seal the bag and marinate in the refrigerator for 30 minutes. 
In a large skillet, heat the oil and the butter over medium heat.
Add the mushrooms and cook for 5 minutes.
Add the chicken and marinate to the skillet. Cook for 5 minutes. 
Turn the chicken over and cook for 1 minute.
Add the heavy cream  with salt and pepper.
Simmer the chicken and cook until fully cooked.
 
Adapted from 200 Meals for Two cookbook.

One year ago.......................I made Taco Quesadillas.
Two years ago.....................I made Chicken Sandwiches.
Did you already know..........
-Tarragon has a reminiscent of anise or licorice flavor.
-Only the leaves of tarragon are edible.
-Typically, the French tarragon is used in cooking.

No comments:

Post a Comment