Monday, July 28, 2014

Tri-berry Pancakes

Oh, I love berries. I love them so much that my husband was willing to go with me to pick some raspberry and blueberries. The kids elected to head to camp since they were going to the beach. I'm not saying I blamed them but when they arrived home they thought I was going to share my berries. (I did tell my husband this was the first time I actually made it home with 3 containers still full of berries.) I did reluctantly shared my berries and I mean reluctantly. Then I was nice and made tri-berry pancakes for supper. I even shared with my Mom and sister. My Mom and I were unsure how the combination would go with cherries but I loved them.
Tri-berry Pancakes
2 eggs
3 1/2 cups buttermilk
1 tsp baking soda
3 1/4 cups all purpose flour
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
2 tsp sugar
1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup blueberries
1/2 cup raspberries
1/2 cup chopped cherries
1 Tbsp vegetable oil

Directions:
  1. Whisk together the eggs and buttermilk in a large bowl. 
  2. Whisk in the baking soda until combined.
  3. Add the flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar. Whisk until incorporated.
  4. Stir in the melted butter and vanilla.
  5. Heat a frying pan over medium heat.
  6. Add a little oil to the pan and wait about 30 seconds.
  7. Pour 1/2 cup of the batter into the frying pan. 
  8. Top the pancakes in the pan with some of each berry. 
  9. When bubbles form on top of the pancake, flip the pancake over.
  10. Cook the pancake until the bottom is golden brown.
  11. Use any remaining berries for topping. 
Recipe adapted from here.

One year ago.........................I made Raspberry Cheesecake Cookies.
Two years ago.......................I made Raspberry Cream Cheese Scones.
He is trying to make his teeth blue!
Did you already know............
-It is believed red raspberries originated from Turkey.
-Black raspberries are native to America.
-Black raspberries are different from blackberries.

No comments:

Post a Comment