Monday, September 9, 2013

Corn Salsa

I have so many tomatoes and corn what is a girl to do? Well, I made salsa. I have made salsa before but never thought to share my recipe. Salsa is so versatile. It is a preference thing. I'm not a big fan of peach salsa. I like heat but not too much heat. Should it be made with lime or lemon? Corn or no corn? We had leftover corn on the cobs so I wanted to use it up. When I made this salsa, I was making it for supper for the next day. Did it make it to the next day for tacos? No, my son thought he waited long enough for me to take my photos.
Corn Salsa
4 tomatoes, seeded and chopped
1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped small
1/2 cup fresh cooked corn
1 Tbsp cilantro
1/4 cup red onion
2 Tbsp lemon juice
salt

Directions:
  1. In a medium bowl, gently combine the tomatoes, pepper, corn, cilantro, red onion, and lemon juice.
  2. Season with salt to taste.
  3. Serve immediately or chill.
Recipe by Jen of Sweet Morris.

One year ago........................I made Mussels.
Come back with my salsa!
Did you already know............
-The word Salsa means sauce.
-Salsa is more popular in America than ketchup.
-Salsa should be refrigerated if not consumed immediately.

No comments:

Post a Comment