Friday, July 12, 2013

Kohlrobi Spring Rolls

Have you ever heard of kohlrobi? It is a vegetable. I think it taste like cabbage and a turnip. I added it to my coleslaw recipe without cooking it. My husband ate it and didn't realize I had added another vegetable. My children think it looks like an alien creature or creepy claws. Since I have received several in my weekly produce, I have been trying to make new things. It does give a nice crunch to our meals. My son loved these spring rolls.
Kohlrobi Spring Rolls
1 Kohlrabi, peeled and shredded
1 carrot, shredded
1 cup cooked chicken, diced
2 cup mixed salad greens with spinach
2 cup cooked rice
8 Spring Roll Wrappers

Directions:
  1. In a small bowl, place about 5 pieces of the shredded kohlabi and carrots.
  2. Add 1/8 cup of the cooked chicken and 1/8 cup of the salad greens.
  3. Place a plate on the counter next to the small bowl.
  4. While working with only one spring roll at a time, run 1 spring roll under warm water quickly and flip it over and wet the other side.*
  5. Place the spring roll onto the plate and scope 1/4 cup of rice into the middle of the wrap.
  6. Place the vegetables from the bowl with the chicken on top of the rice.
  7. Working quickly, fold over the top over then both sides towards the middle like an envelope. Then roll the folded sides towards you to wrap the rest of the fillings.
  8. Serve immediately with a dip like this one here.
Recipe by Jen of Sweet Morris.
*Tip: Don't over saturate or the roll will become unmanageable or tear.

One year ago........................I made Blueberry Coffee Cake.
My Supergirl capturing the alien creatures.
Did you already know..........
-Kohlrabi has a tough outer skin which needs to be peeled.
-Kohlrabi can be eaten raw or cooked just like cabbage.
-Kohlrabi comes in light green or purple but the inside of both are white.

No comments:

Post a Comment