Monday, March 25, 2013

Peanut Butter Frosting

Do you like those peanut butter cups that are shaped like Easter eggs? They are so addicting so I have not had one. I can't say the same for my husband. I think sometimes when you avoid something than you want it even more. Yes, I have been baking with a lot of peanut butter but I still haven't had any of those PB eggs. It doesn't help since my family have been requesting more peanut butter recipes lately. My youngest son even requested chocolate cupcakes with peanut butter frosting for his birthday party. My oldest daughter tried to talk him into the cookie dough frosting since it is her favorite but he wanted peanut butter. I decided to make them both happy and adapted the recipe. Oh, it came out really good. Now, if I had only cut up some of those PB eggs for a topping then they would have been decadent.
Peanut Butter Frosting  
16 Tbsp unsalted butter, softened  
1/2 cup brown sugar  
2 1/3 cups powdered sugar, sifted
2/3 cup all purpose flour  
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup peanut butter  
1/4 cup milk
1 tsp vanilla
  1. In a large bowl, cream the butter and brown sugar until fluffy.
  2. Slowly add the powdered sugar until smooth.
  3. Add the flour and salt. Mix well.
  4. Mix in the peanut butter until incorporated. 
  5. Add a little milk and vanilla extract until well blended and the desired consistency.   
Recipe adapted from here

One year ago..................I made Sloppy Joes
Did you already know...
-The first person to patent peanut butter was Marcellus Gilmore Edson from Quebec in 1884.
-In 1904, C.H. Sumner introduced peanut butter to the U.S. in St. Louis.
-In the U.S. Krema is the oldest peanut butter company. 

No comments:

Post a Comment