Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Italian Ranch Dip

What is your favorite condiment? I like salsa. My husband would pick mayonnaise. My children would pick ranch. I have at least talked them into trying lite ranch which they liked. I tried this twist on the ranch dip and they liked it a lot. The best part was the vegetables I had for them to dip into their new dip. It helps to put the vegetables in cool little dishes.
Italian Ranch Dip
2/3 cup buttermilk
1/3 cup light sour cream
1/2 tsp dried oregano
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp salt

Directions:
  1. In a medium bowl,mix all the ingredients together. 
  2. Serve with desired vegetables.
Recipe adapted from Healthy Recipes Kids Love cookbook.
Did you already know.....
-In the 1950s, Steve Hensen served his dressing at his ranch in California.
-The name of the ranch was Hidden Valley Ranch near Santa Barbara.
-He would give his dressing as a gift to his guest and it became very popular so they began selling it in packets.

No comments:

Post a Comment