Monday, September 17, 2012

Chocolate Chip Pecan Cookies

I use to try to read nightly. Sometimes I am able to achieve this goal but most nights I'm just too tire. I recently purchased Baking from my home to yours by Dorie Greenspan. I have been looking at it nightly. I carry it with me from room to room. It is a great workout since it is not a tiny cookbook. I think I'm going to have to work out more since everything looks so delicious. 
Of all the recipes to bake first I picked her chocolate chip cookies. How could I not? It calls for pecans and she named the recipe her best chocolate chip cookie. I even shared and my family thought they were perfect. They are not crisp but not too soft. They have the prerequisite gooey inside that any chocolate chip cookie should have. Boy, these cookies are good.
Chocolate Chip Pecan Cookies
2 cups all purpose flour
3/4 tsp salt
3/4 tsp baking soda
2 sticks (8oz.) unsalted butter, softened
1 cup sugar
2/3 cup brown sugar
3 tsp vanilla extract
2 eggs
12 oz. semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 1/2 cups pecans, finely chopped

Directions:
  1. Place the rack in the center of the oven.
  2. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
  3. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
  4. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, salt, and baking soda. Set aside.
  5. In a large bowl, cream the butter until smooth.
  6. Add the sugar and brown sugar to the butter. Blend well.
  7. Add the vanilla to the butter mixture and mix.
  8. Add the eggs one at a time beating for 1 minute after each egg.
  9. Slowly, add the dry ingredients in 3 batches to the butter mixture. Mix only until just incorporated before adding the next batch.
  10. Slowly, fold in the chocolate and pecans.
  11. Refrigerate dough for 20 minutes.
  12. Spoon a Tbsp of the chilled dough onto the baking sheets. Space the dough 2 inches apart. (Place the remaining dough into the refrigerator until the other cookies are removed from the oven.)
  13. Bake the cookies one sheet at a time for 5 minutes before rotating. 
  14. Then bake the cookies for another 5 to 7 minutes or until the edges are brown and the center is golden. 
  15. Pull the cookies from the oven and allow the cookies to cool for 1 minute before carefully transferring the cookies to a wire rack to cool.
 Recipe adapted from Baking by Dorie Greenspan.
Did you already know...
- Dorie Greenspan is known for her cookbooks and working with other famous chefs including Pierre Herme and Julia Child.
-Dorie Greenspan has recently opened a retail bakery named Beurre & Sel in New York. 
-Beurre & Sel means Butter and Salt.

No comments:

Post a Comment