Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Chocolate Caramel Shortbread

So, I made the shortbread cookies and had a few left over. Alright, I hid them so I could make this recipe. They are chewy and sweet.
I preferred the shortbread cookies without the additional toppings. Now, I will admit I don't care for chocolate chip pancakes or muffins. My youngest daughter and husband loved them. I think they are easier to eat after you make them. To me, they do not taste like a candy bar.
Chocolate Caramel Shortbread Cookies
20 Shortbread cookies
20 pieces of caramel candies
1 Tbsp milk
3 oz. semi sweet chocolate
3 oz. white chocolate

Directions:
  1. Place a piece of foil underneath a wire baking rack to save on clean up.
  2. Spread out the shortbread cookies on a wire rack.
  3. In a microwave bowl, microwave the caramel and milk for 1 1/2 minutes.
  4. Stir the caramel and microwave the caramel for another 30 seconds or until the caramels are melted.
  5. Spread the caramel over the top of the shortbread cookies.
  6. In a double boiler, melt the chocolates.
  7. Spread the chocolates on top of the caramels.
  8. Allow the bars to sit until cooled before serving.
Recipe adapted from Food & Family magazine Fall 2012.
Did you already know...
-In 1967, the American company Mars Inc. introduced the Twix candy bar to the United Kingdom with the name of Raider.
-In 1979, the Twix candy bar was introduced to the U.S.
-The Twix bar was invented by Forrest Mars Sr.

No comments:

Post a Comment