Friday, June 8, 2012

2 graduations and a funeral

It has been a crazy week. Our oldest son graduated on Monday. Also, I attended a distant relative's funeral earlier this week. Now, today is my oldest daughter's graduation. Will I cry? I hope not. (My husband almost did at our son's graduation.) I know we will cheer! Will I rest? No, I will be preparing for the graduation party. Since I needed more time this week (as you probably can tell with my blog postings), I prepared some quick meals. We couldn't order pizza every night, could we?
I love pasta so I really liked this quick meal. The most important thing is the kids liked it. If you love pasta and need a quick meal, I would recommend this dish. If you have a favorite quick meal you love, please send it my way. Can you send me some time too?
Skillet Lasagna
1 lb. ground beef
1 small onion, chopped 
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 small green bell pepper, chopped fine
1 1/2 cups uncooked campanelle, mafalda, or broken lasagna noodles
1 1/4 cups water
1/8 tsp dried oregano
1/8 tsp dried basil
1/8 tsp dried parsley
1/8 tsp dried thyme
1 (14 0z.) tomato pasta sauce
1/2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded 

Directions:
  1. In a large skillet, brown the ground beef over medium heat for about 5 minutes. Drain the fat from the skillet.
  2. Add the onion, garlic, and bell pepper to the ground bee. Cook for 2 minutes. 
  3. Add the uncooked noodles, water, oregano, basil, parsley, thyme, and tomato sauce to the hamburger. Heat to a boil.
  4. Reduce heat to low and allow to simmer for uncover for about 10 minutes or until the noodles are tender.
  5. Sprinkle the cheese on top and serve.
Recipe adapted from Betty Crocker website.
Did you already know..
-In 1321, the University of Coimbra in Portugal required its graduates to wear gowns.
-Before the 1920s, the graduation gowns were grey in the U.S.
-In the 1950s, the graduates were permitted to wear gowns of their school colors.

Congratulations to my daughter! I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment