It has been a crazy week. Our oldest son graduated on Monday. Also, I attended a distant relative's funeral earlier this week. Now, today is my oldest daughter's graduation. Will I cry? I hope not. (My husband almost did at our son's graduation.) I know we will cheer! Will I rest? No, I will be preparing for the graduation party. Since I needed more time this week (as you probably can tell with my blog postings), I prepared some quick meals. We couldn't order pizza every night, could we?I love pasta so I really liked this quick meal. The most important thing is the kids liked it. If you love pasta and need a quick meal, I would recommend this dish. If you have a favorite quick meal you love, please send it my way. Can you send me some time too?
1 lb. ground beef
1 small onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 small green bell pepper, chopped fine
1 1/2 cups uncooked campanelle, mafalda, or broken lasagna noodles
1 1/4 cups water
1/8 tsp dried oregano
1/8 tsp dried basil
1/8 tsp dried parsley
1/8 tsp dried thyme
1 (14 0z.) tomato pasta sauce
1/2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- In a large skillet, brown the ground beef over medium heat for about 5 minutes. Drain the fat from the skillet.
- Add the onion, garlic, and bell pepper to the ground bee. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the uncooked noodles, water, oregano, basil, parsley, thyme, and tomato sauce to the hamburger. Heat to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low and allow to simmer for uncover for about 10 minutes or until the noodles are tender.
- Sprinkle the cheese on top and serve.
Did you already know..
-In 1321, the University of Coimbra in Portugal required its graduates to wear gowns.
-Before the 1920s, the graduation gowns were grey in the U.S.
-In the 1950s, the graduates were permitted to wear gowns of their school colors.
Congratulations to my daughter! I love you.