Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Strange things

Do you ever see strange things inside your house? Do you want an example? I saw my 18 year old daughter holding onto my 8 year old daughter's leg. My youngest son didn't want to be left out so he was on top of my oldest daughter's back. My youngest daughter was trying to escape and managed (I don't know how) to drag both her siblings down the hall. Since my youngest daughter was laughing, I thought it would better just not to say anything. Sometimes, I think that is the best approach.
Shortly after, it sounded like my youngest daughter somehow escaped. Within a few minutes, my youngest son came running to me and ask if I knew where his oldest sister's phone was? I said I didn't. I had a good idea who had it. I think my oldest did too. Soon, my oldest was back downstairs with her beautiful hair a little messed up. It appeared like she retrieved her phone. My husband slept through this whole experience. The things he misses. 
My youngest daughter asked me to make peanut butter cookies. I really like this recipe a lot. I made a few sandwiches with jelly in the middle. I think next time we make these cookies we will just have to add ice cream in the middle-just to test it out.

Peanut Butter Cookies
3/4 cups all purpose flour
1/2 cup white whole wheat flour
1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup dark brown sugar, packed
1 egg
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup smooth peanut butter

Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
  2. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
  3. Whisk flour and baking soda in a small bowl. Set aside.
  4. In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter with the sugar and brown sugar until fluffy.
  5. Add the egg and mix well.
  6. Mix in the vanilla and peanut butter.
  7. Slowly, add the flour mixture. Mix until just combined.
  8. Drop the batter by large spoonfuls onto the baking sheet. 
  9. Space the batter about 1 1/2 inches apart.
  10. Dip the bottom of a glass in flour and tap off the excess.
  11. Flatten the tops of the cookie dough ball with the bottom of the glass.
  12. Dip a fork into flour to coat and then make two cross marks across the top of each cookie dough ball.
  13. Bake the cookies about 7 minutes and then rotate the cookie sheet around.
  14. Bake the cookies for another 5 minutes or until lightly brown.
  15. Allow the cookies to cool completely.
Recipe adapted from Martha Stewart's Cookies.

Did you already know.......
-In 1973, the first portable mobile phone was made by Motorola. 
-Martin Cooper was the first person to make a call using the portable mobile phone since he was the one who created it for Motorola.
-Martin Cooper called Bell Lab's Dr. Engel.
-Martin Cooper had previously worked on creating the first portable handheld police radio.

No comments:

Post a Comment