Friday, January 27, 2012

Mushroom Burgers

I am going to share something with you. After you read what I'm going to tell you, you may want to send your condolences and you can. It may make me feel a little better. You see I am not even 40 years old but my oldest daughter is 18 years old today. 18! 18! It is just shocking. How can this be? I remember being pregnant with her and unable to move so I tried to do a cart wheel. Don not try this stunt. It doesn't work. Your feet will not move off the ground. However, my daughter did decide to enter the world a couple of days later. Maybe it helped? I will never know. 
As I've shared before, my oldest daughter loves hamburgers. She could eat them everyday. The other day I was craving a mushroom burger. I occasionally go to this tavern and I order their mushroom burger. It is so good. So this is my creation of trying to duplicate their burger. It was similar but I liked the results a lot. 
 So I made two of them. One for me to eat. The other one to photograph. I have to try it before I photograph because if it isn't good why take the photo. Good logic, huh? After I took the photo, I went to my daughter's room and asked her if she wanted a mushroom burger because there was one on the counter. She went into the kitchen and then came to find me. She was not happy. "Where is the burger?" Misunderstanding her, I reply, "What do you mean? It is on the counter." "No, it is not. What happen to the hamburger?" I found this to be very funny and replied, "No dear, I asked you if you wanted a mushroom burger. I did not say mushroom hamburger." She then informed me that my mushroom burger is not a burger. She ate it any ways. She even grudgingly told me that she liked it a lot. I will continue to call this a mushroom burger especially since the tavern does.
Mushroom Burger


2 large portabella mushroom caps
1 Tbsp olive oil
1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
salt and pepper
2 strips of roasted red pepper
1/2 cup of fresh spinach leaves
1/4 cup of Parmesan cheese
2 slices of Provolone cheese
2 hamburger buns ( I toasted mine)


Directions:
  1. Remove the stems of the mushrooms and clean well.
  2. Mix the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt, and pepper.
  3. Brush the caps with the oil mixture.
  4. Heat a skillet over medium heat.
  5. Spray the skillet with cooking spray and add the spinach leaves.
  6. Saute the leaves for about 3-5 minutes until they are welted. Set aside in a small dish.
  7. Add the roasted red peppers to the skillet and cook for about 3 minutes.
  8. Set aside with the spinach.
  9. Mix the spinach and red peppers with the Parmesan cheese.
  10. Add the caps stem side down into the pan and cook for about 5 minutes. Flip the cap and cook the other side for 5 minutes.
  11. Add the spinach leaves and red pepper cap to the middle of the portabella mushroom cap.
  12. Top the mushroom cap with a slice of Provolone cheese.
  13. Remove from the skillet and place on top of a plate to allow the juices to settle before placing on the bun (which I should have done).
Recipe from Sweet Morris.
Did you already know...............
-Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart and Lewis Carrol were born.
-In 1880, Thomas Edison received a patent for his incandescent light.
-In 1888, the National Geographic Society was founded.
-The #1 song on US charts was "All for Love" by Bryan Adams, Rod Stewart, and Sting.

Happy Birthday Sweetie!

No comments:

Post a Comment