Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Cheesy, Corn and Kielbasa Chowder

My oldest daughter asked me to make her a corn chowder like the one I made before. The one I made with all the ingredients she liked. No wonder she was asking for that chowder. 
I asked my husband if he wanted soup for supper. He said sure but he wanted chicken noodle. I asked his if he wanted homemade. He said no. The can was just fine. I said alright and I would also make my oldest daughter's chowder. I think he is becoming suspicious of me because he asked what was in her chowder. I told him and he said fine. He didn't want me to make two soups. Opening a can and heating it up isn't hard but he said the corn chowder was fine. I think he likes the chowder too.
Cheesy, Corn and Kabassa Chowder
1 Tbsp olive oil
1 package of kielbasa
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 onion, chopped
2 russet potatoes, cubed
1 package (16 oz) frozen sweet corn
4 oz. cream cheese
2 Tbsp flour
2 cups milk
1 can (14 oz) cream corn
1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
1/4 cup chives

Directions:
  1. Heat a large pot with the olive oil.
  2. Add the kielbasa and cook thoroughly.
  3. Remove about 1/2 cup of the kielbasa and set aside on a plate covered with a paper towel.
  4. Add the garlic, onion, and potatoes to the pot. Cook for 2 minutes.
  5. Add the sweet corn and cook for about 2 minutes while stirring.
  6. Add the cream cheese and stir constantly for about 1 minutes.
  7. Evenly coat the mixture with the flour and stir for 1 minute.
  8. Add the milk while stirring constantly for 2 minutes.
  9. Allow the mixture to simmer for about 5 minutes.
  10. Add the cream corn and stir. Continue to simmer for 5 minutes.
  11. Stir in 1/2 the cheese into the chowder and stir. Once the cheese is melted, serve.
  12. Top each bowl with a little of the saved kielbasa, cheese, and chives.
Recipe from Jen of Sweet Morris.
Did you already know............
-Kielbasa means sausage in Polish.
-Kielbasa does not refer to a specific type of sausage.
-Kielbasa tends to be a sausage made from pork with the addition of spices and is often smoked.
-Other names for Kielbasa are: kolbasa, kobasa, kovbasa, kobasi, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment