Monday, November 28, 2011

Rotel Dip

Do you have any recipes you have been making forever? I say forever because I have been making this recipe dip for longer than my oldest daughter has been welcomed to this world. I have been making this recipe before there was the internet. If you are wondering my age, I will say I'm 29. Just remember, I am 29 right now and I was 29 last year. Next year, I will be 29 again.
I received this recipe from an Air Force friend. I did some research and I could not find this recipe on the Rotel website. I did find it posted on several other sites. This is my oldest daughter's favorite dip recipe.
 Rotel sausage dip

1 (10 oz.) can of Rotel
1 1/2 (12 oz.) package of cream cheese
1 package of Jimmy Dean or pork sausage
chips, crackers, vegetables, or other items for dipping

Directions:
  1. Drain the can of Rotel.
  2. In a microwave safe bowl, microwave the cream cheese and Rotel for one minute.
  3. In a skillet, cook the sausage thoroughly.
  4. Add the cream cheese and Rotel to the skillet. 
  5. Cook the mixture for about 5 minutes.
  6. Let cool for a few minutes and serve.
Recipe adapted from Kelly but unknown original source.
 Did you already know..................
-Rotel is diced tomatoes with green chili peppers.
-In 1943, Carl Roettele with his wife opened his canning factory in Texas.
-Mr. Roettele named his product Ro-tel because he didn't think no one would be able to pronounce his name.
-ConAgra Foods now own Rotel.

No comments:

Post a Comment